Spring has sprung and cleaning has begun!

Actually, the real reason we've been cleaning is because we plan on having a revolving door of guests this summer, which is a wonderful thing! Our first visitors will be here in less then 2 weeks, Julie and her son will be coming in so we've spent the last couple of weekends getting ready. Unfortunately, because we're doing such a thorough cleaning, our living room looks like a tornado went thru it. The good news is the bathrooms and the bedrooms look great!

My room is pretty small which doesn't bother me because I don't need a lot of space but because of the size I've never really done much with it. When I moved to FL I let Kathy use my bed frame and I never took it back because it provides me with a couple of inches of extra space at the foot of my bed where I had my dressers. Kat got a new bed and brought my frame back so I set the bed back up which I love my bed but I do miss my risers, which I used for storage under my bed. Having my bed high makes it feel more regal. While Nancy was working on her room I decided to re-arrange things to make more room. Next thing you know, we took off the sliding doors of my closet, moved a dresser in there and switched out my old school tv with a flat screen tv I borrowed from Nancy's brother.

Once the wheels were in motion, I was inspired. I realized my curtain was filthy and since it's way too long for my window I kept it folded over. So I took that off and Nancy and I made a trip to Joanne's to buy fabric and Kim made a new curtain for me. She's a pro, she sewed most of hers. I'm going to get more fabric so that she can also make me some matching throw pillows, score!

One of the things I hated in my room were my metal shelves. I loved having extra shelves and they were free which makes them more appealing but they were always ugly to me. After a little research I decided I would spray paint them. I honestly never thought about spray painting them due to the fact that they were metal. OMG, as soon as sprayed the first shelf, I was in heaven! I love tiffany blue so much! 

Next up, I decided it was time to get a chandelier for my room. I've been wanting one for awhile but you know me, I'd rather spend money on food and travel but it was time. A few years ago I had bought Kim one for her birthday at Ikea and I love it so decided that was the one I wanted. I also found a blog online where someone painted their Ikea chandelier. She even used my color but she used acrylic paints and I went spray paint. Here's her blog in case you would like to do it yourself. 

I didn't think about blogging this when I started cleaning my room so  I don't have a before of my room or  a great before of the chandelier. This is a pic I took in order to remember how the crystals get put back on, the photo didn't help me when it was time to re-assemble. 


And now here is the almost finished product. Yes, I still have stuffed animals on my bed, Ethan loves them (and so do I:).

Now I want a new comforter or bed spread. Probably not a tiffany blue one, a white or cream comforter without the pattern.  I most likely won't get it before Julie gets here, it's not a high priority. I also spray painted my night stand and Nancy bought some trim that we're going to put around one of the sliding mirrors that used to be my closet door and hang it on my wall. I need to have a mirror in my room.

FYI, if you need a professional painter, don't contact me, it was actually worse then this looks, this was after I used vegetable oil and alcohol to try and get it off. I also had blue legs, blue arms a blue chest and a blue face. Nancy already made the smurf joke. 

 

Once I get everything set the way I want, I'll take a pic or video of the rest of the room. BTW, Nancy is also working hard and we'll be painting her room next weekend. Casa de Leiha (and Nancy) is throwing open her doors. Let us know when we should pencil you in. 



comments
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...