Fun Foto Friday- Washington DC

I'm getting ready to head to Washington DC next week and I realized that it's been 20 years since I lived in Ft Meade, MD which is halfway in between DC and Baltimore. That's right, these pics are around 20 years old! That's just crazy. It doesn't feel like 20 years have passed and I certainly don't look 20 years older, LOL. 


This is one of my favorite pics from when I lived there. I loved that scarf, wish I knew where it was (moving as much as I do makes it hard to keep track of things). I can't remember who I was with this day but we took a ton of pics of me in the Mall, so you know I was happy, LOL. For those of you who have traveled with me you know I'm not a big tourist. I don't really need to see all of the landmarks but I have to say, there was something quite magical about driving down the street and seeing the Capitol Building right in front of you or looking off to the side to see the Washington Monument. If you've never been to DC I highly recommend it, there's so much history and beauty right there. The Vietnam Memorial was so moving. So many names. Seeing pics of it, doesn't do it justice. 


I had a friend who worked for White House Press so he got us an actual tour of the White House, a behind the scenes tour, not the public one. It was pretty cool and this is a pic taken in the press room. Unfortunately, this was before digital cameras so my photo is blurry (there's are all in focus since I took their pics). I'm wearing sunglasses because their prescription and didn't realize I had them on, since I'm always wearing glasses, LOL. 

I can't wait to get to DC next week and take lots of pictures and make many new memories as well as spend time with dear friends. I'll be meeting up with my Army roommate  and best friend from Korea, my best friend from when I was at Ft Meade, RBL girlfriends and Moning Maniacs. Friendships that have lasted decades. I'm a very lucky girl!

Have you been to Washington DC before? What were some of your favorite sites? Any restaurant recommends? I used to go to Arlington (I think) to an Officer's Club to eat all you can eat seafood, there was a 3 piece band who's median age was 60 and she would sing the electric slide, I loved it! And the food!


comments
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...