The Americans

Are you in or out? I was really looking forward to this show because the premise was interesting (2 KGB agents undercover in Cold War America) and it was executive produced by Graham Yost who is the EP of Justified, and you know how much I love that show.

Turns out, I didn't love it. It was ok. Part of what makes Justified so awesome is the humor and dialogue. This show doesn't break up the levity with moments of humor. The lightest moment of the ep was the family going for ice cream (I do love me a soft serve). 

I thought Keri Russell was amazing in it and Matthew Rhys more then held his own. He's the sympathetic character and I loved him. Whenever I see Noah Emmerich (the FBI neighbor) I think of the movie Beautiful Girls which I loved so it's always fun to see him but for me, overall, the tone was way too dark. 

There was a problem with my cable and I wasn't able to watch the last 15 minutes of the show which tells me right there, I wasn't really invested because I didn't care that much. If I missed 5 minutes of Justified I'd be ranting and raving, and then watch the repeat the next hour, LOL. I didn't bother with the repeat of The Americans.

Not to say that this is a bad show. I think, for me, it's one of those shows that needs to grow on you and since my Wed nights are pretty packed, I don't know how much I'm going to be watching it. Depends on how tired I am that night. 

BTW, the 20 year old flashbacks were hard for me to believe because Kerri Russell looks the same. I was like, how could this be 20 years ago?

Did you watch? What did you think?  Will you be watching again?


comments
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...