Fun Foto Friday - Mr. T


A few years ago, some of the gals and I were in New York for a quickie trip. We had actually been on a different trip with more girls and decided since we were so close to NYC, to go there for 4 days since Nancy and I had never been. 4 days is not enough time in the city, we barely scratched the surface but we had a lot of fun while we were there.

On our last day there we were at Carnegie Deli, a place Su suggested (we had the best borscht ever there but the borscht at the Vegas one sucks) and on our way out I was paying the bill when the girls started whispering. I asked them what was up and they said, "that's Mr. T." They were already walking out the door when they told me and I asked, "Do you want a picture with him?" At the time, I lived in Los Angeles and I can tell when someone doesn't mind being asked and when they do. I don't normally ask for a pic when they are on their own time but Mr T walked in totally boisterous and seemed approachable.

They of course said yes so I walked over and told him we were visiting from out of town and literally heading to the airport and would he mind if we took a picture of him. He bellowed out that he would love to. He had a hat on at the time and he took it off so his mohawk would show. Some guy walked in front of the camera the first time we took our pic and he yelled at them (nicely). We asked him where his bling was, he said at home, you don't wear it walking the streets of New York if you know what's good for you.

Overall it was a wonderful experience and a great way to end our trip.

He also took a pic with Su and Barb but I don't have it scanned.
comments
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...