Review: Silver Linings Playbook

I thought it would take more effort to make Bradley Cooper not look like one of People's Sexiest Men alive, turns out all it took was baggy sweats, a close cropped hair cut and a garbage bag. Actually, it took a lot of great acting on Bradley's part.

We watched Silver Linings Playbook this weekend. Kim didn't know if I would like it or now. I asked her why, she just said, it wasn't really my type of movie. Maybe because I like romcoms and this isn't? I don't know. I thoroughly enjoyed this movie. Sure the characters a cuckoo for cocoa puffs but who isn't? I can't stand characters who aren't likable and leave you nothing to root for, that's not the case here.

Jennifer Lawrence and Bradley Cooper are two very seriously flawed characters but they are also two people with so much baggage BC should would need a few more garbage bags to hold it all.

It's hard to see JL as a trampy adult when I just watched her as a teen in Hunger Games but she's great in this role. They both deserve all of the accolades that they're receiving. Another treat in this movie is Robert DeNiro. Even in comedies he usually plays a tough guy and here he's a father trying to figure out how to deal with his bi-polar son who doesn't want to take his meds. As much as this story is about BC and JL it's also about how a family lives with a son who has mental issues. BTW, how much does Jackie Weaver, the mom, remind you of Sally Struthers? I thought that was her at first. Weird to see Chris Tucker in a non Rush Hour movie. Loved him too. OK it was just an awesome cast overall, LOL.

This movie was written and directed by David O Russell who's son is also bi-polar. His son has a cameo in the movie as the neighbor kid who keeps trying to interview the crazy next door for school.

I have to say, this movie had one of the best dance sequences over. It was so awesome! I went from full out laughter to giggling to laugher again. Just to see that scene it was worth watching the movie.

Lina loved this movie so much that she wanted to see it again in the theaters. I wouldn't say I loved it that much but I thoroughly enjoyed it. Have you seen it? What did you think? What was your favorite moment?




comments
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...