The Following

The Following replaced the lead agent from the pilot with a new one, Annie Parisse, most people know her from Law and Order, I remember her from As The World Turns (I miss that show!). It's a good thing they did because a week later and I don't even remember the other chick, Annie will definitely be a welcome addition.

The main antagonist of this series is obsessed with Edgar Allan Poe. When I was younger I would read everything I could get my hands on, including EAP. I can't believe I used to read him considering what a scaredy cat I am (and yet I watch shows like this). It's interesting to be revisiting Poe thru this series. I'd forgotten how much of his stuff I've read and I'm surprised by how much it's stuck with me. That's some wonderful intense writing. I'm tempted to read him again but I think I'll just stick to wikipedia'ing the stories.

The scene that made me jump out of my skin was when he was in the room with the Poe masks. I thought it was creepy before that guy jumped out at him. Holy he*#! I did not see that coming. I did see the chick killing her mom, you so knew that was going to happen.

My question is, are these the worst security guys ever? First last week a house full of cops and the woman is kidnapped and killed and guess what, this week, a house full of cops and feds and what happens? They only send one guy up to check the perimeter and he's taken out. What's his face's cult would be less successful if the cops weren't so inept. I think they need to smarten up the cops, or it will become a farce.

What did you think of that last scene? Some people think she's working with him, I think it's more like she's trying to get into his mind. Your thoughts?


comments
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...