I've seen the light! (UPDATED)

I have always loved candles. My friends would buy me candles and cool candle holders for birthdays and such but while I had them sitting around the house, I never burnt them. They were a special occasion item. 

That is until I was in Vegas hanging out with my friend Rosie. She would come home from work and light candles every night. What an epiphany! Candles are meant to be enjoyed. Not to only sit around looking pretty. Now I would say I burn candles about 4 or 5 nights a week. Mostly in my room but sometimes in the kitchen when it needs freshening up. 

My favorite cheap candles are the Glade Angel Whispers ones, only a couple of bucks, they smell great, not too strong and a very clean smell. My favorite not as cheap ones are the Tommy Bahama candles. They have an exotic scent but aren't too overwhelming and they burn forever! 

I thought I would share this trick with you that I learned from my friend Bailey. The real reason of this post. You know I love to share what little knowledge I have. I was over at her house place recently and she had a jarred candle that had burned so low the wick was out but there was still plenty of candle left so she had it sitting on a stand with a tea light under it. Brilliant! For years I've been throwing out candles once the wick was out. What a waste!

I have this oil diffuser that my brother gave me, that I never used since I prefer to burn candles over scented oils. I broke the candle in pieces and threw about one fourth of it onto the top of the holder. I literally have been burning this fourth of a bottom of a candle for weeks! Since the flame is not directly on it, it burns slower yet I'm still getting the wonderful scent in my room. The only bad thing is now I have to go stock up on tea lights. You know the cheapo in me is excited to get more mileage out of my candles. 

I know it's all very Scentsy like but now you don't have to go thru them. You can  do this with your favorite candles. Just make sure you have a great stand for it, I don't want any fires started because of this.

I've heard from Bailey and she used a Scentsy base for her candles. You definitely need to use something with ventilation otherwise the candle will go out. She also suggests taking the wick out so it burns prettier. 


comments
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...