A heart full of love...


As you know, I'm very excited about the release of  Les Miserables, the movie.  Lei-Lei is even in one of their movie posters. But I've been curious as to how Hugh Jackman would sound as Jean Val Jean. I think he's a great singer, I've heard him sing during the Tonys but this is an iconic role. So I was thrilled to learn that they've finally released some videos of the rest of the cast singing.

My verdict is, Hugh Jackman reminds me of Colm Wilkinson, the original JVJ, in his interpretation of the role and I think that's a great thing. The real surprise to me is Russell Crowe, his voice reminds me of Norm Lewis, who played Javert in the 25th Anniversary special.

Samantha Barks was in the 25th Anniversary special so I fully expected her to knock it out of the park, and she does. I knew Amanda Seyfried from Mama Mia. I don't know Eddie Redmayne but I like what I'm seeing so far from him, keep in mind he's being compared to Nick Jonas so there's nowhere for him to go but up, LOL.

If you read the comments on youtube lots of people criticizing the singing, not holding the notes, not singing like they are in the theater. I say, while there are some notes that I wish were held or higher or longer but that's because that's the version of the song I know. They are also acting in a movie, not a musical which is an entirely different entity  and I think it's going to be a wonderful experience. My sister Kim,  wants to come see it which surprised me. I'm going to try and get her to watch the anniversary special with me, wish me luck! 

Enjoy the clips, would love to hear your thoughts. 








comments
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...