It's beginning to sound a lot like Christmas

I'm a little behind this Christmas season. Normally I start listening to Christmas music as soon as Thanksgiving is over but I didn't realize my Xmas songs weren't on my phone yet so I just sat down  to do my music.

I love Christmas carols. I love when radio stations start playing strictly Xmas music. My radio usually stays on those stations for a month. In Sarasota they actually had a station go commercial free and 24 hour Xmas the first week in Oct. A little early for my tastes but you know I was still listening.

I went Christmas caroling when I was stationed in Korea. It didn't really feel like Christmas so my roommate and some guy friends (you know I talked them into it, LOL) and I went out to sing for some of the military families. We weren't very good and it was extremely cold but it was a lot of fun and the families really appreciated it. 


I don't normally add many new songs to my list unless I hear something on the radio. Last year I added Christmas Canon by the Trans-Siberian Orchestra, it's just so beautiful. Today I just bought a song by Richard Marx. Yeah, I'm as surprised as you are but he was on Live with Kelly and Michael and I just fell in love with this song and you know I don't fall in love with songs right away. Even better, I had music credit on Amazon so I got it for free. Here he is singing, "I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day."


Some of my favorite Christmas songs are:
Baby Please Come Home- U2 and Darlene Love versions (Kim prefers the Death Cab for Cutie version, way too mellow for me)
Baby It's Cold Outside- Dinah Shore
Oh Holy Night- Josh Grobin
Silent Night- Stevie Nicks
Do You Hear What I Hear- Whitney Houston
Father Christmas- THe Kinks 2000 Miles- The Pretenders
Merry Christmas Darling- The Carpenters
Where Are You Christmas- Faith Hill

What are your holidays must hear? I'd love to know your favorites. I still have some Amazon credits left.


comments
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...