Fun Foto Friday - Family Togetherness

Nancy and I have been friends since our senior year in high school. She's as much a part of my family as I am. She's been hanging out with us so long that she tells people she's asian. She eats our food, she has the slanty eyes, her dad eats kimchee, she's one of us. Until she wasn't.

I come from a family of 9 kids. While growing up, it wasn't unusual to only have one couch and it wasn't a sectional.  So when we watched tv, we dog piled. This is one of my absolute most favorite pics because this was us when we were on the couch, except someone would also be laying on the other side of the couch. 


As adults, we're just as comfortable piling onto the couch. Nancy was in the middle of the pile with my sister-in-law Christina sitting next to her, squeezed in between every one else. At one point they noticed that they were practically on each other's lap but no one else was on the couch. Christina apologized and was moving away when Nancy said these fateful words, "Us white people have to stick together." Unfortunately for her, my sister Kimberly over heard her. Nancy, who has always told us she was Asian had kicked herself out of the Asian club. She's working hard to get back in. See where she's sitting now.




comments
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...