What's in a name?

The other day I was watching one of my guilty pleasure shows, The League. It's a comedy about a bunch of fantasy football fanatics, the characters are awful to each other but it's hilarious. I watched this show before I started playing fantasy football but now I love it even more. 

One of the characters on there is named Taco. No one ever meets him and asks, why is your name Taco? He's just Taco. It made me think about other nicknames. Right now, I love the fun football ones, Megatron, Legatron (he's a kicker), Beastmode and The Law Firm to name a few.

Then I started thinking about my best friend when I lived in Tennessee. I lived there from 1st thru 5th grade. My best friend lived in the same apartment complex as we did and she went by the name Booger. I knew her for awhile before I found out what her real name was since she refused to go by it. She actually told me her real name was Tammy but that was her sister's name. Her name was Delilah. She hated it so much that she would rather go by Booger. Apparently she got her name from one of her sister's boyfriends. When he met her he asked, "who is this little booger?" At least she wasn't named that because she liked to eat boogers. 

I used to have a friend when I was in the Army call me Peppermint Patty because I always had a big bun on the back of my head so he actually meant Lucy but he called me Peppermint Patty. He also used to call me bowling ball head. Just imagine if we weren't friends!

What were some of your nicknames? Have you come across any interesting ones? Fun stories attached?


comments
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...