About Last Night… Sunday edition

Two of my must see shows last year are on Sunday nights this year and I couldn't have been more thrilled, well that was until the television season actually started.

Is it me or has Once Upon a Time and Revenge lost their magic? Granted, I don't watch OUAT live like I thought I would a lot of the times because of Sunday Night Football (Fantasy Football has changed my life, LOL) but I did tonight and most of the other episodes I've caught On Demand.

My first pet peeve happened immediately when the season began. We were waiting all season for Charming and Snow to be reunited and get their memory back. Did we get that aha moment, that emotional, you are the love of my life, I'm so glad I remember you moment! Nope, we got a running to join the others, what is that purple haze moment. Next pet peeve, Emma is pissed at Snow for abandoning her, even though she knows she didn't have a choice. They were already friends, she knows the person Snow is, it's understandable growing up with anger about being abandoned but she did it to save her child's life, who happened to be Emma! I know that a show succeeds based on it's conflict but I felt that was unnecessary conflict.

What I originally loved about OUAT, all of the side characters and back stories I now feel like they are dragging it down. Too many other characters and not enough focus on the main.

As far as Revenge, loved loved loved it last year. I was raised on soaps and Revenge was a classic night time soap. Low on the believability, high on the camp. Emily is someone you root for even though she does bad things, she does it for a higher cause, if you can call revenge a higher cause. The problem with this season is they introduced characters we don't care about (something is wrong with the mother storyline is so bad, and not so bad it's good, it's just bad). What happened to Emily bringing people down who wronger her dad? Now it's twists and turns just to have them. I also miss Nolan and Emily together. We all knew Victoria wasn't going to die at the end of last season but even her coming back to life was a disappointment.

I don't know why but when a show has a great first season, they experience the sophomore slump and these two shows are slumping it for me. The only reason I'm still watching is because nothing else is on I want to watch at that time. OUAT is getting close to getting the boot though.

I tried watching 666 Park Avenue. I have loved Terry Quinn since he's played Locke on Lost. I tried watching the first episode but it did nothing for me so I never went back.

My other Sunday staple is The Walking Dead. I honestly think part of the reason I watch this show is because there's so much buzz to it. I know this year they've gone back to killing as many zombies per show as they can, as creatively as they can. This show is not about that. It's about the characters. Just don't get too close to them, they like to kill off their cast. I think Rick is going a bit crazy, Carole isn't dead, Michone is a bad ass and Andrea a dumbass.

What are your thoughts on the shows I mentioned? Am I off base or are you feeling the sophomore blues also? What do you think of 666? The Walking Dead? Or any other Sunday shows, sound off below.
comments
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...