Scandal

I can't believe I haven't talked about this show yet but my favorite new show of last season was Scandal. It came on as a mid-season replacement and I didn't even know about it until my sister in law asked me if I was watching it. I checked it out and was hooked!

Scandal is a Shonda Rhimes show, she is also the Executive Producer of Grey's Anatomy and Private Practice. Two shows I've thoroughly enjoyed at some point. I stopped watching Greys when the brought back Denny as a ghost. When I watch Supernatural I expect ghosts, when I watch Greys, I don't. But the first couple of seasons were awesome and I'm feeling that love for Scandal. It's delicious!

Scandal follows the story of Olivia Pope and associates, she's a D.C fixer and does what needs to be done to take care of her clients. There's a story of the week with different clients but what really keeps me hooked is Olivia and her personal story. As put together as she is, her personal life is a mess.

Early on you find out that she has an on again off again affair with the POTUS, as in the President of the United States! Not good for many reasons, the main one being he's married! Normally I would be against a relationship like this but these two actually love each other. Fitz is played by Tony Goldwyn, the bad guy in Ghost, and he has smoking chemistry with Kerri Washington's Olivia Pope. What keeps him from being a tool is the fact that he loves her so much, he's willing to resign and get a divorce, she's the one who won't let him, well her and his wife. Yes, his wife knows about the affair, she actually gets pissed when Olivia breaks it off because Fitz becomes difficult.  It's oh so complicated and delicious!

Here's a link to the flashback of their first time together, it's hot hot hot. Sorry, they wouldn't let me embed it here.

This season there's a new twist, Norm Lewis, a former boyfriend of Olivia's has been thrown into the mix.  Normally you don't root for the new guy but this is Norm Lewis! Why am I so excited about him? Because he played Javert in the Les Miserables 25th Anniversary edition so I have a crush on him. Plus his character is awesome, yeah I may be biased.

If you have netflix streaming you should try and catch the first season of Scandal and then start watching it on ABC.  Or just start watching this season, I know they have it On Demand so you can catch up. If you have any questions feel free to ask me or Lin, I told her all about it last season. 
Did anyone watch last night? OMG! Do you think Millie knew? She certainly acted like she knew something was up. Can't wait til next week!


comments
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...