Hottest Baby Name of 2012

Sophia and Aiden top the list of baby names for 2012 according to this yahoo article. My question is who are the people naming their children after names from 50 Shades of Grey? The name Grey jumped 155 spots and Anastasia is up 43 spots. I think the name Grey is pretty cool but maybe not the best baby name this year. Maybe baby Grey was conceived while reading this book?

I really enjoy unusual baby names but I think the parents need to remember that their children have to live with the names. A family recently named their baby Hashtag. Really? What's her nickname going to be? Hash. With parents like that, I see therapy in her future.

Top 10 girls' names of 2012 
1. Sophia
2. Emma
3. Olivia
4. Isabella
5. Ava
6. Lily
7. Zoe
8. Chloe
9. Mia
10. Madison

Top 10 boys' names of 2012
1. Aiden
2. Jackson
3. Ethan
4. Liam
5. Mason
6. Noah
7.Lucas
8. Jacob
9. Jayden
10. Jack

I actually enjoy a lot of the names on this list. Chloe, Zoe and Sofia have always been favorites of mine. Of course I love the name Ethan and I also love the name Jacob and Lucas. One of my favorite names for a boy is Michael but it used to be so common. Now it's not even in the top 10. Michael is also cool for a girl's name. I'm not opposed to that.

What are some of your favorite names? Feel free to share names of any out there names you've heard of.

comments
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...