Ben Affleck Entertainer of the Year

I was surprised when I saw EW picked Ben Affleck as their entertainer of the year. I decided to look back at his early work to laugh at how he got there but there's not really a lot to laugh about. One of his earliest movies was Dazed and Confused, not my type of movie but it's still a classic. My brother Andy made me sit thru it. Of course it's his type of movie.

Then he began his Kevin Smith years with Chasing Amy and Mallrats, I love Kevin Smith movies, well, most of them (I skipped Jersey Girl) and let's not forget Good Will Hunting a movie he co-wrote and starred in with some guy named Matt Damon.

After the cache of winning an Oscar he started making big budget movies, which as long as they're made well, I'm not opposed to. I thoroughly enjoyed Armageddon. What's really cool is after he made money and a name for himself he went back to independent films. Argo looks great and I totally plan on watching it, once it comes out on HBO. I meant to watch it in the theater but never got around to it.

He's a writer, director and actor. He's doing things his way in Hollywood, making movies he loves that are also entertaining. Entertainer of the Year Ben Affleck, yes, I see it.

Anyone else you think should be in that category? Is it too early to begin my campaign for 2013? Ack, did I just say 2013? Where did 2012 go?


comments
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...