That was the Thanksgiving that was

I hope that you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I have to say, I think this Thanksgiving is one of my favorites. Since I cooked most of what I needed to cook I stayed in bed watching football when I woke up and then dragged myself into the living room to watch it and do a little cleaning in the kitchen. 

The football game went into overtime so we left the house a little later then planned but since I was planning on getting there early, we weren't really late. We have a family tradition of going to Andy and Christina's house for Thanksgiving and Kimberly and Jeff's house for Christmas. 
This year for the first time Christina's family was joining us for Thanksgiving which was wonderful! Our families see each other several times a year at gatherings and having them at Thanksgiving felt natural. It wasn't her family and his family, it was our family. 

Christina's sister Karen recently had a baby so I held him as often as I could get away with it, since everyone else was trying to get ahold of him too. Ethan came over to help me hold him and this is my favorite picture of the day. I have Ethan on one leg and baby T on the other and I'm half sitting on my brother David.  



Andy has been working on remodeling their house. They gutted the inside, took out a wall, moved stairs, added stairs and much more. We hadn't seen any updates because they wanted it to be a surprise. Their deadline was Thanksgiving. It turned out gorgeous! Double oven, french doors, convection microwave, two sinks, amazing and most all of the work was done by Andy. He would be the one in the photo tossing Brayden into the air. 


As much as the adults love being there, so do the babies. They not only run around, there are other kids for them to play with and adults to toss them around. Ethan went home when my dad did because dad was exhausted (too much turkey) and the whole time we were getting him ready he kept saying he didn't want to go (even tho he was also exhausted). It was so sad. Andy loves having the boys over, since he lives an hour away he doesn't see them as often as I do but it does make going to Andy's place something special for them. 

Jordan is our special kid. He was the first grandchild for a long time. There's no one at the party his age but he's as loved by the kids as the adults. He loved helping preparing the food for Thanksgiving, his green bean casserole and pumpkin lust cake were a huge hit, he also made salted caramels which were amazing and I'll be blogging about that in the future. He will sit on the couch talking fantasy football with all of the adults and then be in the basement playing hide and seek with the little ones. He's awesome!

Brayden was going home with Nancy and I since Kim wanted to go Black Friday shopping (crazy woman). We didn't think about the fact that Nancy and I would be at Andy's til 1:30 in the morning. I tried to put Brayden down to sleep but he was having none of it. Too much happening but he was a rockstar and of course, as soon as we got in the car, he fell asleep and slept til 11:30am, yay! 

What I love about our gatherings is it's not only family but friends. Many friends will go to their families for Thanksgiving and then come to ours which is why we were out so late. One of Adam's friends is actually an Olympic volleyball player. I'll be talking about her more in the future because she deserves her own blow post. It was hilarious listening to Andy talk smack to her. 

We ended the night playing board games, yes, we're a wild and crazy bunch and I love it!

What is your favorite memory from this Thanksgiving?


comments
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...