Black Friday!

Should we even call it Black Friday anymore? Both Target and Walmart will be open on Thursday night so it's really Black Thursday now. There are some people who are so die hard about their shopping that they start lining up early on Thanksgiving so this works out well for them, for the employees of these stores, not so much. In fact, 2 workers from Target started a petition against them opening on Thursday and who can blame them? When you work in retail there are very few guaranteed holidays off, one of them used to be Thanksgiving.
This is a sacred holiday for me. I love spending the day with family, anticipating my meal, enjoying the apps, being too full from the apps to eat much food and then hoping my body can digest so I can get a second meal in before the end of the night. During this time, I might be able to squeeze in a nap, there could be some games and there will be a lot of laughter. No way am leaving this party early to go shopping!

I did try and participate in Black Friday once. I woke up at 3am, drove to Best Buy, saw the line, drove home and got online instead. I'm just not willing to wait in line in the middle of the night. Maybe I would do it if I knew I could get one of their door busters but usually a store has only a limited quantity so you could wait all night to get a super cheap computer and not get it. I'm not that much of a gambler or a shopper. 

I prefer to do what little shopping I do online if I can. I discovered Gotta Deal a few years ago, they run all year long but I only really think of them when Black Friday is coming up. Their forum is actually why I go to the site. They have a section for online deals and one for regular stores. It's a great way to find specials that I would never know about. Sometimes they post a lot I don't care about but it's nice to have the deals all in one place. 

Are you a Black Friday shopper? What are your rituals? Do you have any great websites to share? 
comments
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...