I'm crazy for gravy!

If you know me, you know that gravy is a must for any Thanksgiving gathering. When I lived in Los Angeles I would join friends for Thanksgiving dinner and was traumatized by attending a dinner that didn't have gravy. They were a stuffing family, not mashed potatoes and gravy. What the what?!?! Yeah, crazy!

Now I always bring a couple of packets of gravy as a back up whenever I go to a Thanksgiving dinner. Why packet gravy? Because for all of my gravy loving I don't know how to make gravy! Sob! 

Once I had a recipe for a gravy made with giblets and the neck, it had amazing flavor. Too bad this was my first time using corn starch and didn't know I had to let it reach a boil in order for it to thicken. It was amazing gravy, too bad I cooked it down so much there was only about 2 cups of gravy. Considering I can use that much by myself (seriously, my plate looks like potato soup) it wasn't enough to feed my family (I come from a family of 9 kids). I would like to make that gravy again but I have long since lost that recipe. 

Jordan, my nephew is coming over on Wed to help me with my Thanksgiving dishes and he's going to pick one to make himself. I thought it would be fun to try and make a gravy again. Since we are doing this without turkey drippings I thought I'd ask around and see if any of you have a make ahead gravy that we could make. Please share any secrets or tips that you have for gravy. I need it!

Are you a gravy family? I know one of you who isn't. What's your favorite gravy?

comments
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...