Let's Talk Turkey

It's November and that means it's time to celebrate one of my favorite Holidays, Thanksgiving! A day that you don't have to worry about buying gifts, it's all about food and it's traditionally spent with people you love. No wonder it's my second favorite national holiday (my birthday being my first but that's more of an international holiday).

Even though I don't host Thanksgiving dinner, I do like to spend the month of Nov thinking about the menu and what I want to bring. There are some tried and true, like my cheese balls and cranberry chutney but I always like to research and find new dishes to bring. I'll be sharing some of my favorite recipes as soon as I can find pics of them to go with the recipe, I'll have to do some test runs if I can't find a pic.


The purpose of this post is to ask you to share some of your favorite holiday recipes. What do you have to have or your family will revolt? For me, Thanksgiving isn't complete without mashed potatoes and lots and lots of gravy, my plate almost looks like soup, LOL.

Here's a recipe I wanted to make at Halloween that I never got around to making. I found this on Pinterest. I haven't made it yet but am definitely making it for Thanksgiving. Since we're not big dessert eaters this looks perfect, it's made with pudding, cool whip and cream cheese, all things my family loves.


Pumpkin Lust Cake from Sweet Treats and More's 

1 stick butter, melted
1 cup flour
1 cup chopped pecans
2 tbs sugar
1 (8oz) package of cream cheese, soft
1 cup powdered sugar
2 (8 oz) containers cool whip (or one 16 ozz container)
2 small packages (3.4oz) of Jello Instant Pumpkin Spice Pudding 
3 cup cold milk
Nutmeg for sprinkling

For the crust:
Combine butter, flour, chopped pecans and sugar and press into a 9 x 13 in baking dish.  Bake at 375 for 10-15 minutes.  Let cool completely.

For the Cream Cheese Layer:
Beat cream cheese, powdered sugar, and 1 1/2 cups cool whip until smooth.  Spread over crust.

For the Pumpkin Layer:
Mix pudding mixes with cold milk, whisking for several minutes.  Set it in the fridge for 5-10 minutes to let it thicken.  Spread over the cream cheese layer. Top with remaining container of cool whip. Sprinkle with nutmeg. 

Cut into squares and serve.  Keep refrigerated.




comments
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...