Vampires and Werewolves Oh My!

While I'm not a Twilighter I am a huge fan of Vampires and Werewolves. In reality I have no interest in meeting either, it's fun to read about and romanticize them. Jeanine Frost's version of Vlad the Impaler is much different then the wikipedia version of him. I say, let's avoid anyone with the nickname The Impaler (insert dirty joke here). 

But put them in a book or on a tv or movie screen and I'm there! Some of my faves would be Alcide is better in True Blood Eric is better in the Sookie Stackhouse books. Jean-Claude and Asher from the Anita Blake books. I really enjoy the Underworld movies, well the first couple of them anyway.

Emma Holly has her Upyrs which are a kind of werewolf. Jeanine Frost has Bones who I love. He's not a werewolf, he's a lion but he's definitely King of the Jungle, Curran from Ilona Andrews Kate Daniels series. 

Books featuring Vamps and Weres are a dime a dozen at the moment but when I first started reading them you had Anne Rice and Laurell K Hamilton. The first series I read that really put a new spin on the Vampire mythology was Christine Feehan's Carpathians. 

I know I'm missing a bunch out there. Feel free to share. Who are your favorites? Do you prefer vampires or werewolves? I'm a werewolf gal myself. I like my men hot blooded!

Amazon link to the above books.




comments
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...