Les Misérables

There weren't really any current movies I wanted to talk about so I thought I would post about the movie I'm most excited about this holiday season, Les Misérables!

I never had any interest in Les Mis. It always came across as a dark story and I'm a shiny happy kind of gal. I watched it because my friend wanted to. She was switching back and forth between the 10th Anniversary DVD and the 25th Anniversary one and my only thought was ugh, they sing the entire thing? Well she went to bed before it was over so I took them both to my room to watch and wiki'd the story while I watched and slowly but surely got pulled into the story. The next thing you know I'm watching it every day and googling all kinds of factoids and looking up youtube videos of the various behind the scenes footage. I probably watched the DVD a month straight (I prefer the 25th Anniversary edition with Alfie Boe) and whenever nothing is on TV I will pop in the DVD. You'd think I knew the words, I don't LOL.


When I found out there was going to be a movie I was excited. When I heard about the cast, it made me even more thrilled, Hugh Jackman and Russell Crowe sounds great to me! I am also a big fan of Anne Hathaway and once you hear her version of "I Dreamed a Dream" I think you'll be a fan too. Cameron Mackintosh is the producer and he's the producer of the musical version so I knew they would be true to the story, as long as they didn't hire Nick Jonas (the one weak link in the 25th Anniversary edition).


I couldn't decide which clip from the 25th Anniversary to show so I'm showing the special edition of "Bring Him Home" showing 4 Jean Val Jeans, Colm Wilkinson (the originator of the role), Alfie Boe, Simon Bowman and John Owen-Jones. Their voices are amazing and I love this arrangement of the song.



Are you as excited about this movie as I am? Which version of Les Mis is your favorite? Who are your favorite performers? 



As an extra tidbit, did you know Colm Wilkinson will be playing the Bishop in the movie? I love that!





comments
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...