About Last Night… Sunday edition

The American Music Awards were on last night instead of Once and Again and Revenge. I'm not a huge music person (gasp!) so don't really watch the music awards shows, not that this really is an awards show, it's just a bunch of live (or not so live) performances by some of the hottest musical acts out there.

While I didn't watch the show there were a couple of performances that were so buzzed about I had to look them up and share. The first is Pink. She is one of my favorite female performers right now. She can sing, she's a strong woman and she tells it like it is, not to get publicity but that's just who she is.

Pink traditionally puts together strong showings at awards shows. Last year she did the ballerina in the air routine and this year she was re-entacting her video for Try. The difference is, in the video there were multiple cuts and takes and here she not only sang the entire song live, she full on danced. It's pretty amazing. I had never heard of this song before last night and I love it just from this performance.


Next up is my new favorite guilty pleasure, Psy performing Gangnam Style! Remember, the Lambada of the Macarena? That's what Gangnam Style is but it's even more fun because while there weren't many people who would actually dance the Macarena (you so know I did) Gangnam Style has everyone dancing! His official video is the most liked video on youtube with over 700,000,000 likes. Counts those zeros! 

It's so popular right now even football players are doing the dance when they score touchdowns! Su, Mich and I even did an amazing performance of it in New Orleans! Really we should be hired as back up dancers!

Last night Psy took it one step further and added Hammertime to the mix! Being the Gen Xer I am, I loved it! This performance has so much energy and joy, reminded me of when Ricky Martin bust out on the Grammys with his La Vida Loca performance. Watch how many people in the audience are doing the dance, so fun!

While 2 of my regular shows were not on, The Walking Dead was. This is what I said last week: "I think Rick is going a bit crazy, Carole isn't dead, Michone is a bad ass and Andrea a dumbass." The only thing that was wrong there is, Rick isn't a bit crazy, he's bat sh*t crazy! Everything else was right. Wasn't happy about Glenn and his gf getting caught, Glenn should have shot Merle or left. It's a good thing Michonne showed up at the prison because their group is getting smaller and smaller. You know you're in bad shape when a 9 year old is your 3rd best fighter (I'm reserving judgement on the new T-Dog). 

What are your thoughts on the AMAs? Who was your favorite performer? Are you as excited as I am that the governor's world and Rick's world are finally beginning to intertwine? How do you think Daryl is going to handle his brother being  alive? Do we need another crazy guy on the show?



comments
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...