The Voice

It's the Top 12 and the power is now out of the judges hands, in some ways I really like that (Christina gets it wrong every year) but in some I don't (Dez Durant will get the teen girl vote for sure) but I definitely think it's better then the way the X Factor does things, where the judges never vote out their own team, even if they're the worst.

Here are my impressions on each singer as they were singing, I can tell you right now, I would make an awful judge. I critique based on who I've liked all along, not just on tonight's performance. I'm not impartial and make no apologies for it.

I love Pink's Last Kiss and I don't think Michaela Paige did a great job covering it which is a shame because I really like her a lot. It just sounded flat to me.

Dez Durant is totally my type of guy, I love the pretty boys but if he is voted thru this week I'm going to be upset because there are so many more talented people on this show. The girls are screaming for him because of his looks, not his talent. His best performance of the show was his audition but according to the judges this was his best performance, what the what?

This was definitely a big improvement over last week for Adriana Louise. She's not one of my favorites of the competition but I think she sounded really good and I love how she strutted up to Adam Levine at the end of her song and he was totally went along with it. The judges weren't thrilled by this performance which is weird because they raved over the first two.

I love Cody Belew so much. I don't think he had the greatest vocal performance but he's such a natural on stage. I don't think he's the Voice but I do hope he goes far because he is the Entertainer! He brings the Bam Bam!

Amanda Brown can sing! It wasn't a perfect performance but she's still amazeballs! I also absolutely loved the dress she wore.

Bryan Keith definitely has the ability to take it all. Thought he sounded fantastic tonight and he owns the stage when he's on it. He out sang Amanda tonight.

Cassidy Pope had one of her best performances. She definitely had the rocker chick thing going on. I'm not a fan of her using a guitar as a prop since she didn't play it for most of the song but she sounded wonderful.

Trevin Hunte is who I wants to win. I love CeeLo and think he's a wonderful coach and I love Trevin's heart. He's like a gentle giant. Factor in his incredible talent and I'm sold. His performance was rock solid. Maybe one of his best and every one of his performances have been great.

Melanie Martinez's voice is great, it's not powerful like a lot of the other singers, but she definitely has a wonderful voice, it's just a different kind of presence. I like her but don't see her going too much farther.

Nicholas David is someone I thought would have trouble going further once the public was able to vote, he's definitely no pretty boy and he's not young but what did I know? He was voted thru last week by the public and I couldn't be more thrilled for him. That being said, I don't think CeeLo did him any favors by having him sing The Power of Love by Huey Lewis and the News. I don't think it's a song that showcases someone's voice. I think Nicholas did a great job but it could have been even better with a different song choice.

Sylvia Yacoub decided to tackle Celine Dion's My Heart Will Go On, very brave of her. According to the judges she over extended herself but she did sound great and is the best singer on Team Xtina.

Terry McDermott sang Boston's More Then a Feeling. I think it was a great song choice for him. He's a rocker and he embraces that and I've loved his song choices so far. I think he missed one of his high notes but other then that he was awesome and my favorite on Team Blake.

I will update this post tomorrow with my thoughts on the eliminations this week. Two of them are going home. I'd like it to be Dez Durant and Adriana Louise but I have a feeling Dez will be around til the end.


And the two eliminated contestants are Michaela Paige and Adriana Louise. I'm pretty sad about Michaela. Would have liked to see more from her. I don't think she would have won, but she can sing and is very entertaining. I teared up when she was talking at the end. 
comments
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...