Flashpoint

Does anyone I know watch Flashpoint? It airs in syndication on ION with new episodes airing on Tue nights at 11pm. Yes, I know it's late but since it's on cable, it repeats a lot. 

Syndication is huge for tv shows, it helps them find a new audience. Some shows I started watching once they were syndicated (when their re-broadcast rights are sold) are Supernatural, NCIS, Criminal Minds and Flashpoint. I stumbled across Flashpoint on accident. I have been trying to catch up on all of the Criminal Minds episodes, which is made easier by the fact that ION and A&E are constantly running reruns of it but a couple of nights a week, late night, when I tuned in for my CM fix, Flashpoint would be on instead. At first I would just change the channel but then I started leaving it on that channel because nothing else was one and then I found myself watching the show and now I actively seek it out.

The show originally aired on CBS and was cancelled but it was so popular in Canada that they continued producing it for 2 more seasons. It's about a team of first responders, they're like a SWAT team but they're called a Strategic Response Unit (SRU). What I love about this show is there is so much heart. It's not a shoot out type of show. When they fire their guns, they don't take it lightly and you see how it affects the person and the team. Every episode is a stand alone yet there are still underlying stories throughout. This season one of the team members is dealing with PTSD from one of the lives he took. I think this show focuses on the crime of the day but they've done such a great job with the actors and storyline that their personal lives are seamlessly mingled into the story without jarring you out of anything. They make you care so much about the characters that I want to know what happens to everyone after every ep. 

I know it airs on Tue & Fri nights at 11pm but it also airs during the day at times too. Not sure if it's available on demand or not but if you're looking for a show to watch, I highly recommend this one. This is the last season and I have no doubt that it will go out in style. 

Found this fun interview with Enrico Colantoni (he was also on Veronica Mars and Just Shoot Me) talking about the last season of Flashpoint. 

If you're a fan, I'd love to hear why. I don't think I was able to properly convey my reasons why I like this show so much. 


comments
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...